Thursday, September 15, 2011

Love Letters

Last semester when I came to the realization that I am obsessed with hand done type, someone introduced me to this series. I knew right then and there that I absolutely had to see them in person. Good thing they are located right in Philadelphia! Love Letters is an unprecedented public art project by Steven Powers. 40 local and international artists painted the walls of old brick buildings and houses along the Market elevated train between 63rd and 45th on Market Street. In total, there are 50 love letters. All you gotta do is hop on the train to see them, and occasionally get off and walk around only to get back on again to the ride the ride of typography! I love the cleverness of the sayings and the fact that all of these are actually on peoples houses and how they are integrated into the urban community. Um, excuse me, Mr. Powers? Feel free to paint the walls of my house anytime!!

Here are a few of my favorites:




























































This is what it looks like from one of the stops off the train. I encourage everyone to check it out!














No comments:

Post a Comment