Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sit on this




Sculpting type has always been a fascination of mine so when I found this amazing piece of art I was speechless. Now I don't really understand or enjoy weaving or chair-making but even
I can appreciate the amount of time and skill put into this beautiful creation. It makes feel a little uneasy thinking about the pain staking process of creating just tight lettering in such a difficult to work with medium.












The artists name is Karim Charlebois Zariffa and he definitely was inspired by Steven Sagmesiter who also is very skilled in the craft department made apparent by his type chair:





http://www.karimzariffa.com/index.php?/project/bali-crafts/



Another pretty fun thing I found that also plays with interesting methods of creating three dimensional type is this video showcasing people making type out of sand. Trust be told, I mainly drawn to this because of its delightfully awful name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnr-zVIqlDM&feature=related






No comments:

Post a Comment