Thursday, February 16, 2012

Typographic Tattoos

I found this great site that features two of my favorite things--type and tattoos.  What’s great about this site is that all of the tattoos are expertly crafted and show beautiful typefaces.  The quality of the photography is excellent and really shows off the type.  I noticed that each person wrote a short statement about their tattoo, the typeface they chose, and why. Usually, most tattoos include more pictures than lettering.  I was struck by the simplicity with which each tattoo is illustrated.  Without any pictures, the type is unobstructed.  What I also like about this site is that it shows tattoos using typeface that is not traditionally used for tattoos, for example, Helvetica. I’m inspired by this site to continue to find beautiful type in unusual places. http://typographictattoos.tumblr.com/page/12


















No comments:

Post a Comment